Shark Bay Photography Tour (2017)
TOUR SNAPSHOTTour length: 8 days (13-20 September 2017)
Number of guests: 6 (minimum), 10 (maximum)
Location: Shark Bay World Heritage Area (including Francois Peron National Park and Dirk Hartog National Park)
Where red earth meets turquoise waters...
Shark Bay is a pristine combination of marine and national parks where the West Australian outback meets the vast Indian ocean. Come and discover a rugged beauty in a coastline that offers some of the world’s most stunning landscapes.Join us for an all immersive cultural photography tour to Shark Bay, Western Australia. Our journey will take us deep into world heritage listed areas where we will photograph and learn about the environment with the guidance of our guide, Wula Guda Nyinda.
We’ll learn about Aboriginal elders, net fishermen, animals, bush tucker, medicinal plants and world heritage values whilst sharing in Dreamtime stories. We’ll visit Francois Peron National Park where we’ll photograph the landscape, camp under the stars and listen to the digeridoo around the camp fire.
After exploring the marine eco systems we’ll relax and unwind in a natural hot spring at Peron Homestead. Part of our journey takes us to the stromatolites, the oldest living organism on Earth where we’ll lunch at Hamelin Pool. Throughout our journey there will be constant photographic guidance on offer and critique sessions with both Seng Mah and Lynn Gail.
This is a tour that will appeal to the intrepid explorer, who wants to photograph and discover a part of Western Australia that connects with the land and the world’s oldest living culture.
- Francois Peron 4WD Adventure and overnight camping - land based activities include exploring key locations and visiting Herald Bight, Cattlewell (Aboriginal Midden Site), Gregories, South Gregories and Bottle Bay.
- Kayak and Wildlife Adventure Kayaking, snorkelling (opportunity for underwater shots), swimming, looking for sting rays, sharks, sea birds and turtles.
- Hot springs soak at Peron Homestead.
- Overnight camping at Steep Point, where we will explore the rugged beauty of western peninsular of Shark Bay.
- All accommodation and breakfasts at Heritage Resort in Denham and two separate nights camping under the stars in the national park.
- Entry fees and camping fees to National Parks and Monkey Mia Reserve.
- Pick up from Monkey Mia Airport.
- Welcome to Country ceremony.
- Meals during overnight camps:
- Day 2 – Breakfast, Lunch, bbq dinner
- Day 3 – Breakfast, Lunch
- Day 5 – Lunch, Dinner
- Day 6 – Breakfast, Lunch
- 4WD transport, camping equipment, kayaking equipment, snorkelling equipment.
- 4WD Adventures in Francois Peron National park.
- Kayak and Wildlife Adventure with Wula Guda Nyinda.
- Hot springs at Peron Homestead.
- BBQ lunch at Hamelin Pool.
- Lunch at False Entrance Beach.
- Flight to/from Monkey Mia.
- Travel insurance (highly recommended).
- Photographic equipment.
- Food and drink outside those provided during the overnight camping experiences and day-trips organsied by Wula Guda Nyinda.
- Alcoholic drinks.
- Personal expenses eg. laundry, wifi, medication and incidental meals.
- Any transport and fees outside the tour itinerary.