Style & Narrative – A Photographic Retreat – Bali
Date: 12-19 April 2019
Led by: Seng Mah & Lynn Gail
Price: AUD$1545 (single supplement is available AUS$205)
Number of guests: Minimum 5; Maximum 8
Guided by: Seng Mah and Lynn Gail
(* Please note: price may be subject to change in the event of substantial shifts in the AUD to USD exchange rate)
The Bali Retreat is for photographers wanting to explore a photo-journalistic, storytelling path to allow them to embrace fresh ways of connecting to the world around them. This six day immersive workshop will challenge you to think and photograph from an emotive level. It will teach you how to connect with your subject, resulting in a series of images to showcase your chosen theme. During the retreat we will be staying in peaceful Om Ham Retreat, a short drive from Ubud, surrounded by lush green landscape, the second chapter of our retreat sees us staying at the luxurious Alamdhari Resort & Spa in Sidemen - where a river valley of terraced rice fields step down the countryside and traditional rural life can be witnessed in one of the most charming areas of Bali.
You'll have the opportunity to shoot independently while taking advantage of the highlights planned by Seng and Lynn. The retreat is strictly limited to eight places to allow each participant to learn new skills. These include:
- Water temple where worshippers bathe in holy waters during morning rituals.
- Life in local fish markets and the characters who work there.
- Salt Farm - a photo-journalistic look at an age-old custom.
- Traditional village market - Sidemen.
- Portrait shoot.
- The soulful Kecak tribal dance.
- Photo reviews.
- Round table discussions.
- One-on-one critiques.
- Talks by Seng & Lynn
Bali Retreat inclusions:
- All accommodation during the tour (as outlined in the itinerary).
- All breakfasts and one dinner during retreat.
- Entry into monuments and sites
- Land transport in a private air-conditioned vehicle with an English speaking driver.
- Photographic guidance/critique and mentoring from Seng Mah and Lynn Gail.
Exclusions for Bali Retreat
- International flights.
- Comprehensive travel insurance. All participants are required to take comprehensive travel insurance for this tour. You will need to show proof of travel insurance as a condition of participating in this tour.
- Photographic equipment. You will need to bring/supply your own cameras, lenses, tripods, batteries, filters, memory cards and so on.
- Insurance for your photographic equipment while on tour.
- Alcoholic drinks.
- All personal expenses and fees, medication, incidental snacks.
- Any transport and fees outside of the tour itinerary.